Monday, March 07, 2005

The making of an MBA?

In a very pensive mood (the result of having spent the day thinking about my significant achievements etc to fill in the form) ive been thiking a lot about how the past year has changed me and how im so much the better for it. I remember not getting into ISI last yr. I was so upset… thought the world had come to an end. That was the only thing perhaps I was looking to do and in that one day all those plans came crashing down. I was upset for months. Its almost like I cant remember anything of those 2-3 months although it was just last yr, just because I was so depressed all the time that I couldn’t do anything. The only thing I remember is my birthday (which has the distinction of being my grumpiest bday ever inspite of my dearest friends being there to cheer me up….). basically it was like I was determined not to be happy.
The around august end I started getting back on my feet. Had bought the CAT form so diverted all my depression energy into preparing for the CAT coz that’s all I thought admission into an MBA was all about. By the time it was November or I think in October itself I was almost suffering a burn out. Overpreparation. Went for a week for a religious retreat to get myself calmed down. And then at the end of it all.. cat was a disaster. But this time my anger didn’t really last that long. (see I was improving) and then with the indore call things changed again.

Today im part of a group that meets almost daily to discuss current affairs and general issues covering history, geography, science, economics, trade, commerce, industry etc. we’ve been meeting quite regularly for quite some time and I can actually feel the difference. Firstly it’s the knowledge addition and then equally importantly the positive influence people who you can look up to can have on you. its value addition at its best. And what I feel best about is the fact that we who meet are technically supposed to be competitors. We’re all looking to get into the same institute, equally passionately. But that doesn’t stop anyone from holding back something they think would help the other. Whether its feedback on writing the forms or simplifying tax laws for the absolutely ignorant (me) everyone gives their best. the attitude is completely win-win. Were seeking to maximize gains for everyone and it feels so great. In a way id say even if I don’t make it to indore (heaven forbid) if I look back at all that ive learnt, I will be more than grateful for all of it.

This entire process or what ever you may call it has changed me so much. I actually feel more responsible, more adult now. And more importantly im more aware of how much I lack and how much I should be doing to be the person I want to be coz of being with people who I respect so much.

Now if this is what I have to say about the learning and self development, preparing for my MBA, wonder what ill have to say when im doing it!
Im happy! ;o)

2 Comments:

At March 07, 2005 11:34 am, Blogger riderofthestorm said...

hey there,

bumped into your blog in the thread for XIMB at PG...anyways I loved the way u've put forward ur views regarding evolution as a better person, reminded of old times when I was preparing for my IIT. Guess its not the goal but the journey which matters...isnt it ? My interview for XIM is on 10th..BOL for yours ...

Avishek....

 
At March 12, 2005 2:47 pm, Blogger Hirdu said...

I believe one do not need any html or any other code to link friends.

Just the Sense of Sharing and togetherness and that's enough.

Anyhow All the Best for the interview and GD Sessions, coz luck is always not enough. It was never enough for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home