Thursday, December 22, 2005

being home

my second visit home since i left for indore.... (feels strange to say "i'm visiting home")
if i ever thought things would change or that i would have trouble adjusting to things back home... i was mistaken.. thats one thing about home... u dont need to adjust to it.. its always who you are...

drinking good coffee with a long lazy breakfast (being able to laze around in the morning as against running for class!) , meeting up with friends i've known forever, feasting at old little kabab joints and udupi restaurants we used to frequent not so long ago, sitting up late at night with my best friends discussing every minute detail of our lives, shopping for clothes (and computer hardware... something ive never done before!).... helping my mum around the house, getting updated on the occupational, educational, locational and marital status of the members of my extended family, putting up decorations for christmas, helping roll the kalkals (ok i haven't done that yet! :D) tasting prototypes of christmas cake, chocolate, marzipan, date rolls.. et al... going carolling at night (and its not even freezing cold.. yay!) and having all the neighbourhood kids follow us and santa...

familiar people, familiar places, familiar events... feels good to be home.. :o)

1 Comments:

At December 23, 2005 2:51 am, Blogger crusading against myself~! said...

some popular thoughts on being home...

Coldplay - Fix you

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Sheryl Crow - Home

I woke up this morning
Now I understand
What it means to give your life
To just one man
Afraid of feeling nothing
No bees or butterflies
My head is full of voices
And my house is full of lies

[chorus]
This is home, home
And this is home, home
This is home

 

Post a Comment

<< Home